Christmas Pool Care Tips
Looking for pool care advice this Christmas. Check out the experts tips below to ensure you pool is clean and safe this Christmas
7 Pool Tips for Summer
1. In Summer and especially over Christmas with bather load, you need to run your pool at least 8 hours per day
2. Test your pool regularly. It is getting more use than normal so test more often. Your main focus is on Chlorine levels and pH but if you take it to a pool shop or get a mobile pool technician involved they should also test Alkalinity, Stabiliser, Calcium, Phosphates and Salt.
3. You need to ensure your pool is holding chlorine levels ideally above 2ppm. This may mean a manual boost of liquid or granular chlorine after a hot day or lots of bathers.
4. You may also need to super-chlorinate your pool by running your salt water chlorinator over night, especially if your pool has gone cloudy and has low chlorine.
5. Add a clarifier before Christmas day to ensure your pool is sparking. Clean filters before you do this.
6. Check your pool lights are working as Christmas holidays can mean some late afternoon and night swims.
7. Ensure you have an up to date CPR sign and that your pool gate closes. You may have visitors who are young and not that good at swimming.
MERRY CHRISTMAS POOL OWNERS
JIM’S POOL CARE TEAM
Christmas Egg Nog Recipe
Here is a link to our favorite chef Jamie Oliver’s Egg Nog.
Best eggnog recipe
Serves up to 8
- 3 cups (700ml) whole milk
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy or double cream
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean pod, split and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2/3 (130g) cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175ml) Bacardi Dark Rum, or bourbon